Madden is one of the best video games to man. And when playing Madden, it gets competitive. Here are some rules to abide by when playing Madden!
1. Never, EVER peek at the other guy’s play selection screen.
Surreptitiously check out his girlfriend/wife/sister/mom, that’s fine. But surreptitiously check out his formation, that’s a chode move.
2. You get one “rub his face in it” replay per half. That’s IT.
3. Mercy rule: 21 points (online), 28 points (in-person)
It can still be fun trying to claw back from 21 points down if your opponent is sitting next to you. But if it’s a faceless ghost on the interwebs, snooze.
4. Fake field goals are fair game.
5. Fake punts are for pond scum.
If you’re gonna go for it, just go for it. Don’t be a jagweed.
6. Unless constrained by time, the winner must accept an immediate rematch proposed by the loser.
7. No All-Star, All-Madden, All-NFL, Hall of Fame, mascots, or whatever other bunk teams there are.
8. S***-talking is encouraged. But keep it on the field.
No need to bring their recently deceased dog into it.
9. Running the same play over and over again is fine — the onus is on your opponent to stop it.
10. Absolutely no pausing for phone calls or bathroom breaks.
source: MTV guy code